English as a Second Language (ESL)
Classes are offered throughout the year for all levels of learners. Classes will be based on four categories; listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Your English skills will be assessed prior to placement in a class. Assessments are based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks levels.
As a learner in an English class, you will learn about:
- Asking questions
- Filling out forms
- Giving directions
- Past, present and future tense
- Following instructions
- Developing and delivering a presentation
- Verbs – future perfect, future present continuous
- Reading short stories or novels
- Sentence structure and writing stories
- Compound sentences
- CELPIP and IELTS Exams